In the WA Parliament, I hold the portfolios of Treasurer; Finance; Energy; and Aboriginal Affairs as a member of the WA Labor Party.
As a Member of the Legislative Assembly in the State Parliament of Western Australia I represent the interests of the people of my electorate which includes the suburbs of Victoria Park, East Victoria Park, Lathlain, Carlisle, Bentley, St James, Wilson, and parts of Burswood.
As a local resident as well as an elected representative, I have particular interest in local issues including our environment and amenity, educational opportunities and helping the underprivileged. I am always happy to hear from the community on issues of concern so please contact me.
“Some of the issues close to my heart involve school funding and education and indigenous affairs.”
I am an active member of State Parliament and regularly debate issues affecting my community and the State as a whole. Some of the issues close to my heart involve school funding and education and indigenous affairs. Follow these links to a selection of my Parliamentary speeches.
- 23 Feb 2012 – Reply to the Premiers Statement 2012
- 21 Mar 2012 – Stolen Wages Compensation Motion
- 22 Mar 2012 – Retails Trading Hours Amendment Bill
- 22 May 2012 – Cost of Living Pressures Motion
- 20 June 2012 – Aboriginal Intestates Amendment Bill
- 18 Sept 2012 – Future Fund Bill
- 14 Nov 2012 – Loan Bill 2012
You can view all Hansard records involving Ben Wyatt at the WA government website.